World Wide Web As a Production/Publishing Space
1. Why use the web in an English classroom. K-99
- gives the students a larger audience of more than one or a class.
- allows for creativity
- augments traditional English instruction.
- enhances attention to detail
- access to resources
2. Matters of Ethics and Copyright.
3. Morphing into a Cybrarian
Ted Nellen has been
teaching high school English since 1974, began
using computers in his English class in 1983, and created Cyber English
in 1994. Ted is on the editorial staff of Kairos, an online
peer-reviewed webzine. He is on the Executive Committee of NCTE's Assembly on Computers
in English, co-chair of NCTE Committee on
Teacher and Student Use of Electronic Online Communications, and a member
of NCTE Instructional Technology Committee.